Bell Moto-9 MIPS Helmet in the Prophecy Matte Matte Black/Dark Green - Bell Motocross Helmets
With an improved fit, ventilation and safety features, the MIPS Moto-9 elevates the dirt helmet in just about every category. A TriMatrix Composite Shell keeps weight low and strength in the right places, while the Flying Bridge Visor is easily adjusted with two, hand-in-glove-adjustable, quick flip screws. Bell’s new magnetic cheek pad system - the Magnefusion Emergency Release System (MERS) permits quick removal in emergencies and easy cleaning and drying to keep your helmet dirt and bacteria-free.
Moving outward on the helmet, the Bell Moto 9 features a souped-up version of Bell's Velocity Flow Ventilation System, which literally pulls air through the helmet, keeping the rider cooler. Our Tri Matrix Composite Shell keeps weight low and strength in the right places, while the Flying Bridge Visor is easily adjusted with two hand-in-glove-adjustable QuickFlip screws that firmly hold the visor in place.
The patented Magnefusion strap keeper replaces the often hard-to-locate strap snap with an elegant magnetic solution that easily engages and secures the strap end. Bell standards like an integrated, removable roost guard, padded chin strap with D-ring closure and a five-year warranty are all part of the package as well as deluxe padded helmet bag. Quite simply the best MX helmet ever.
About MIPS Technology:
MIPS is an advanced and efficient brain protection system that provides a secure environment for riders of all kinds. MIPS industry-leading technology deals with "rotational violence" which is found to be the leading cause of concussion and even more severe brain injuries. It mimics the brain's own protection system.
When the head hits the ground at an angle, the brain slides along a membrane on the inner surface of the skull, which reduces the rotational forces transmitted to the brain. The MIPS yellow Low Friction Layer (LFL) sits between the helmet's EPS and the liner. At impact there is a movement, independent of direction, between MIPS and the liner that substantially reduces the rotational force to the brain.
Bell Moto 9 MIPS Helmet features:
- Bell's magnetic cheek pad system allows for easy helmet removal in emergency situations. Used in conjunction with the Eject Helmet Removal System the two features allow First Responders to gently remove the helmet from a rider's head, reducing the potential for secondary neck or spine injuries.
- Bell's Flying Bridge Visor™ is easily adjusted with two hand-in-glove-adjustable QuickFlip screws that firmly hold the visor in place.
- Bell's Velocity Flow Ventilation System literally pulls air through the helmet, keeping the rider cooler.
- Fully ventilated EPS-lined chinbar
- Industry-Leading Five-Year Warranty
- Integrated Vented Roost Guard
- Lightweight Composite TriMatrix shell
- Magnefusion Emergency Release System (MERS)
- Magnefusion Magnetic Strap Keeper
- Magnefusion™ Removable Magnetic Cheekpads
- Padded Chin Strap with D-Ring Closure
- QuickFlip™ visor screws for easy adjustment
- Removable/washable anti-bacterial interior
- Velocity Flow Ventilation™ system for maximum cooling
- X-Static® and XT-2® Padding
Bell Moto 9 MIPS Helmet Key features:
- ACU Gold Stamped | ECE 22-05 Certified | DOT Certified tested
- Weight: 1450 Grams (+/- 50g for size)